Eliina has tagged me in something
Eliina has tagged me in a bloggy thing: “The rules: Once you have been tagged, you have to write a blog post with ten random facts, habits, or goals about yourself.”
10. “Muscato” is an Italian name. People get psyched about this sometimes — like my mechanic, who then gave me a sheaf of discount coupons, based solely on the fact that 100 years ago, my family came from Sicily.
11. I want to live somewhere desperately woodsy and rural someday and see if I can hack it. I want to see what it’s like to fall asleep to cricket sounds, to have a whole pack of sheep dogs running around the yard, to grow tomatoes and basil and then make them into sandwiches.
12. I’m not able to stretch very far, and thus gym class Presidential Fitness Challenges were always a ligament-tearing proposition. I could also never do a flexed arm hang.
13. I think my younger sisters are the two of the coolest, artsiest, most intelligent gals on the planet, and I never believed my mother when she told us — in the midst of a hair-pullingstravaganza — that we’d be friends someday, but I’m glad she’s right.
14. I’ve written exactly one novel, and it’s never been published. I began it at age 10 and finished it at age 13. It details a young girl’s journey through an underwater kingdom at the time of an apocalypse. I was a dramatic lass.
15. I’m considering purchasing a pair of leggings. I have not owned leggings since I was in the sixth grade and had sparkly rose-printed leggings that were actually too short for me at the time.
16. I’m trying to learn how to cook. Basically, I’m quite cash-poor, so I’m learning to cook by combining whatever happens to be in the fridge. For example: Tofu plus soy sauce plus frozen veggies equals tofu scramble.
17. I’m a great compromiser. I love when everyone is happy. But sometimes that comes at the expense of sounding like I’m taking a Big Important Stand.
18. I’m a haven for objects of bygone eras. My dad collects vintage percolator-style coffee makers, which means that every time I go home, he gives me one, so I have four at the moment. I also have six typewriters.
19. This web site needs an overhaul like nobody’s business. It’s on my to-do list.
20. I’ve never actually completed one of these tag-you’re-it bloggy things before. I feel so thoroughly self-centered but somehow oddly satisfied, like I’ve just eaten a giant frosted cupcake of blogginess.
I’m supposed to tag people now. Instead I shall just direct you to blogs I like to read, and if they see this they can write and if they don’t you can DIY it up and find ten things about them by scrolling through their posts: Deanna (goddess of the visual), Mary (rockstar of the poetic), Don (soothsayer of the theatric), Dennis (purveyor of witty observations), Dave (recorder of earthly ironies) and Megan (peddler of literary wonderment).