Dismantle your life in just a few easy steps.
1) Quit job. You didn’t need that pesky money anyways.
2) Set your sights on a cold and windy city.
3) Tell your roommates you love them to bits, but you’re leaving.
4) Pack your meager belongings into secondhand cardboard boxes. Realize that you own very little except for books and typewriters. Wonder why you’re such a dork.
5) Start “the cupboard diet” which consists only of foodstuffs that you currently own. Consume ice cream at rapid pace.
6) Make new friends, think about how much you love your job and think D.C. is full of cultural riches.
7) Freak out.
8) Tell everyone you’re freaking out.
9) Realize that freaking out just comes with the territory on this one.
10) Buy some plane tickets and train tickets, and weasel the use of your family’s car for four days.
11) Freak out.
12) Tell everyone you’re freaking out.
13) Breathe real deep and feel real free.
14) Freak out.